CrossFit, Pregnancy and Post-partum
Thank you to CrossFit Mom for allowing us to re-produce and link this outstanding information for exercising pregnant and post-partum women. We hope it is useful in making an educated choice about what is right for you and your baby/ies.
NB: All information on crossfitauckland.com is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
Did you know?
Women who exercise during pregnancy:
- Have reduced weight gain and fat deposition during pregnancy
- Have fewer pregnancy discomforts
- Report a more rapid physical and emotional recovery from delivery
- Tend to have easier, shorter and less complicated labors
- Have less need for pain relief during labor
- Have more stamina during labor
- Increase their aerobic capacity
- Decrease their susceptibility to illness
- Increase their energy level
Babies of exercising mums:
- Have significantly lower heart rates than babies of non-exercising mums
- Are better able to cope with the stress of birth
- Have a greater ability to adapt to life outside the uterus
- Are more healthy at birth
- Are leaner at birth and tend to stay lean as they grow
- Sleep through the night s