Thursday

CrossFit Auckland WOD

A. Weightlifting

• Clean & Jerk 1RM

20min time cap.

B. MetCon
4 Rounds for time:

• 5 Front Squats 80% (no racks allowed)
  • 10 Double KB Push-Press 24/16kg
  • Run 400m

20min time cap.

Post results to comments.

CFAK QuickFit WOD

MetCon
5 Rounds for time:

• 15 Deadlifts 85/60kg
  • 15 Toes-to-Bar

15 minute time cap.

Post results to comments.

SATURDAY’S MEGAWOD IS AT BROWNS BAY BEACH.

Like the most recent Beach WODs, we’ll meet at 0800am on the beach in front of the Post Shop. Allow 75 minutes. Bring a towel and change of clothes…

50 Comments

1. CC February 7, 2013 at 7:38 am - Reply

NEW PR BEECHES! 40kg C&J. Yeeeh!

Even though I came last on the metcon, felt pretty pleased.
    FS 80% 35Kg
    Push press 8kg dumbbells
    Run 400m- I hate running. SO MUCH.
    4 RFT-17.23:)

• Julie F February 7, 2013 at 4:36 pm - Reply

You had further to run than me, I was closer to the door :-) Nice work!

2. Andy February 7, 2013 at 8:23 am - Reply

A) 72.5kgs New PR!
    B) 12min flat. 60kg FS (75%) and 17.5 Db (perhaps could have gone heavier on the PP)

• Andy February 7, 2013 at 7:51 pm - Reply

Battle PT: aptly named tonight….
      Buyin: 20kg sandbag run 1KM
      10 rounds of
      5 sandbag squats, 10 push ups, 15 sit and 300 singles (skipping)
      6 rounds & 150 singles

Capped off with SN practice @ 80% EMOM 10

3. Bernie February 7, 2013 at 8:27 am - Reply

WOD Fathers XLR8 this morning!

I must admit I enjoy playing with the tyres but it’s the other stuff that goes with it that makes it hard, like clapping push ups and loads of running! Todays XLR8 prescription was:
    3 RFT of
    – 1.6km run
    – 12 tyre flips
    – 21 clapping push ups
    Managed to get it done in 27:44. Awesome work every one else, a great work rate was displayed by every one.

Don’t forget if you want more of this stuff XLR8 has been added in to the timetable on Mondays and Fridays as well!

4. catherine February 7, 2013 at 8:29 am - Reply

so can’t remember what my PB is it is either 35 or 37.5 so i may have got a PB today or I may have not
    But C&J 37.
    WOD- 16.11- 35kgs FS and 10kg Push press.

Have a great day all

• mtlion February 7, 2013 at 9:20 am - Reply

Good job Cath. Really impressed with your squat progress too.

Get this PR in your training diary now. Whoop!

5. Aska February 7, 2013 at 9:09 am - Reply

A) Hit my current 1RM of 52.5, but arms did the ole press out on me at 54kg. Must get more angry on those jerks!
    B) Think i should’ve gone heavier on the Front Squat – scaled back the 80% as it would have ended up being my 1RM Clean weight so went to 37.5kg which was possibly a bit too comfortable in hindsight! 12kg KB for push press.
    Time: 10:45 – all unbroken sets :) Thanks Janelle for the push at the end of my last run to get me in the door!

• Aska February 7, 2013 at 8:56 pm - Reply

Battle PT:
      Buyin: sandbag run 1KM 15kg
      10 rounds of 5 sandbag squats (15kg), 10 push ups, 15 sit outs and 300 singles (skipping)
      8 rounds and 25 reps. Sweaty workout this one!!

6. CraigF February 7, 2013 at 9:12 am - Reply

XLR8 – Those Tyre warm-ups were great for my heals, set me up for nicely some good running!

Tyre Flips – 1st round chose a small tyre as I was worried about the clapping push-ups! 2nd round got directed by Alex to use a tractor tyre because if you are doing it right it shouldn’t tax your arms too much…

Clapping push-ups I can do but slowly. I have to break them up into sets and refresh my arms.

Enjoyed the running, energy levels returning in that department on Paleo :)

7. York February 7, 2013 at 9:23 am - Reply

XLR8 – The tyre warm-up was a good warm up for the legs

Felt good on all of the runs. Did the tyre flips with the bug daddy tyres for 2 rounds (that shit got heavy) then thankfully badger took my spot so i got the next one down. Clapping push were not great at all so after the first round subbed them for normal push ups.

Ended up doing the 3 rounds in 25:58

8. KAZ February 7, 2013 at 10:25 am - Reply

Today is a good day to lift!

C& J finally broke through 50kg and PR’d at 53.5kgs. I reckon I could’ve gone slightly heavier, maybe even get up to 55kg, but 53.5 was already quite heavy for me. The Jerk, interestingly enough, wasn’t the issue – it’s cleaning that weight off the floor! Me and Tila did a racked Split Jerk last week, and got my new 1RM for that, which was 60kgs, so I know I can handle more overhead, it’s just getting good technique and explosive power for the clean.

Metcon 12.10

Did about 60% of my FS, which was 40kgs. Like Asuka, my 80% is very close to my 1RM clean (which I also just did this morning!) So scaled back to a bearable weight. MTL did notice a bit of weight going front, need to consciously get weight on heels. 12kg DBL KB PP – also a bearable weight. Scaled back on the run to 200m. Overall a good WOD for me, Still dislike running though :)

Enjoy your Thursday everyone! Day 7 on Paleo, keep it up folks!

9. Amanda February 7, 2013 at 10:31 am - Reply

XLR8
    that was a toughy was my first time doing tyre flipping!!!! was nt bad at all :) , the rest wasnt so much fun , pretty happy my knee held up in the running tho.
    did clapping the push ups was pretty damn hard hard to stop a few times to rest my arms and my hands as i was smacking them on the ground haha .
    my time was 25.40mins : )
    have a good day x