“BASELINE”

Final day of the CrossFit & Paleo Challenge – Well Done Everybody!

CrossFit Auckland WOD

A. Benchmark Testing “Baseline”

For time:

• Row 500m
  • 40 Air Squats
  • 30 Sit-ups
  • 20 Push-ups
  • 10 Pull-ups

NOTE: All participants in the February CrossFit & Paleo Challenge must have a judge scrutinising and counting reps. Compare to FEBRUARY 1, 2013.

B. Weightlifting

• SN 80% x 1 x 10, rest 60sec

Base percentage off Monday, FEBRUARY 25, 2013.

Post results to comments.

CFAK QuickFit WOD

Benchmark Testing “Baseline”
For time:

• Row 500m
  • 40 Air Squats
  • 30 Sit-ups
  • 20 Push-ups
  • 10 Pull-ups

Post results to comments.

Have you made your Under Armour Order yet?

Come on in and try on the gear. Order forms and pricing are sitting on reception. (Orders Close Today!)

By |February 28th, 2013|Daily Workouts|53 Comments

53 Comments

1. Catherine McClymont February 28, 2013 at 6:11 am - Reply

did anyone go home last Friday with an extra weightlifting strap in their bags. I bought new straps on Friday took them to they box and lost one, not even used them yet. I would appreciate if you could just check your bags to see if you have it. They are Adidas black straps. Thank you guys

2. mtlion February 28, 2013 at 7:11 am - Reply

Have you made your Under Armour Order yet?

Fellas if you need shorts or T’s – order now. CFAK can be screen printed on your gear for only $5 extra.

Order is being made to UA tomorrow.

3. CraigF February 28, 2013 at 7:40 am - Reply

Baseline Retest Done!

5:44 previously 6:13 so 29 Second improvement.

I took it easier on the rower as this is where I gassed it last time and struggled but I was only 1 second slower (1:40 – 1:41)

Squats felt good, and sit-ups. Push-ups felt better but my Pull-ups took a while on the blue band.

Felt a lot better this time and could probably go harder but I tend to pace myself out of habit.

Missed XLR8 but my heels enjoyed the rest. :)

• Bokke February 28, 2013 at 8:26 am - Reply

BOOM! Well done Craig :-)

4. Andy February 28, 2013 at 8:15 am - Reply

4:44 today vs 4:12 last time. :(

Faster off the rower (1:39 vs 1:47 last time) and Squats and sit-ups seemed faster but was slower with the pull ups this time around.

Not sure what happened this morning as start of the week has been going so well. Perhaps the two triple sess’s Mon/tue and/or poor sleep the last two nights as re coming back to bite me. Yesterday’s recovery article perhaps is well timed with the open right around the corner…and/or i stuffed up recording the test on 1 Feb.

Congrats to those finishing the CrossFit & Paleo Challenge and made significant gains. I’ve definitely noticed a difference (except this morning ha ha)

5. catherine February 28, 2013 at 8:16 am - Reply

24 seconds shaved, same row time?! –
    Stupid pull ups are my down fall.

6. Des February 28, 2013 at 8:23 am - Reply

Wow Cat, 24 secs is awesome!
    I shaved off 17 secs but added 3 secs to my row, WTF! Next time I will set the rower to 8 as I was rowing on setting 5 and this was way too fast but that’s what I started on so now I know.

I plan to keep up the paleo nutirition at home mostly, but with the introduction of a few indulgences ie. cold beer! Yum. It’s been great and my team are awesome and have seen some great results. I’ll post my measurements once they are done tomorrow.

Thanks h2 and the rest of my team for the support xx. I’m not able to make it to the box tomorrow but will hopefully be at browns bay for the final mega WOD this Saturday.

• mtlion February 28, 2013 at 11:07 am - Reply

About 6 is usually the right damper for women (5-6). 7-8 for fellas.

• Monica Cunningahm February 28, 2013 at 1:26 pm - Reply

Ahhhh… so I should have it on 10 heh…

• KAZ February 28, 2013 at 7:55 pm - Reply

DUDE YOU SOOOO SHOULD!

mine is! :)

7. Sammy February 28, 2013 at 8:45 am - Reply

Baseline Retest:
    Time: 4.44min, 5sec faster than previous. Row was slower.

Ran out of time for Snatch.

8. Heidi February 28, 2013 at 8:47 am - Reply

Time: 6.04min

9. Aska February 28, 2013 at 8:48 am - Reply

17 sec slower this time :( Row was exactly the same (1:58), but i think i did unbroken pull ups last time whereas this time i came off 3 times. Would like to try this baseline again in 3-4 weeks time in the afternoon to see if it makes a difference from doing it in the morning…

Pretty gutted, but on the bright side the 1.6km runs at Tues XLR8 over Feb has shown a increase in performance with a PR of 5:28 on Tuesday :)

Awesome Job CC, Cat and Sammy and everyone else who beat their previous baselines!