Tuesday

B. MetCon
5 Rounds for time:

• 10 Pull-ups
  • 20 Wall Ball 9/6kg
  • 5-4-3-2-1 Hang Squat Snatch 70-80%

20 minute time cap.

Post results to comments.

CFAK QuickFit WOD

Strength

• Overhead Squat 3-3-3-3-3 reps

Post results to comments.

[birthday]Happy Birthday Daemon C!![/birthday]

45 Comments

1. catherine January 29, 2013 at 7:35 am - Reply

First post!
    Thanks to Bernie who is an awesome Coach.
    X8rate- 20mins of 10x KB swings 20x lunges and each minute 5 burpees.
    Was going ok till the last five or six rounds when I am pretty sure I only managed to knock a few lunges out before I had to hit the deck with burpees.

Any who – 6 plus 2 swings

2. Bernie January 29, 2013 at 8:23 am - Reply

XLR8 as Prescribed by the ‘Wodfather’ 29 January 2013.
    20 min AMRAP:
    -10 KB swings
    -20 Lunges
    -5 Burpees EMOM

An absolutely massive effort from our ‘XLR8 Warriors’ today. The work rate and form everyone held right to the last dying minute was exceptional, the other pleasing observation I made was when you required a rest you kept to the ‘3 breaths’ rule! It’s a great little tip in maintaining to superb work rate :-)

Welcome back Jane! You got through that like you had never been away!

Enjoy the rest of you day guys, I hope you are all enjoying the adrenaline rush at the moment :-)

• jane k January 29, 2013 at 12:13 pm - Reply

Thanks for the awesome XLR8 session this morning Coach Bernie :)
      Went supa dupa light with the KB, just easing myself back into it…………
      Have a great day everyone :)

3. Aska January 29, 2013 at 8:29 am - Reply

PR on my Jerk this morning at 53.5kg – YEAH! awesome work Janelle – PR buddies :)

WOD – 15:39 – Wall balls are definitely a Goat as find it hard to calibrate the movement and end up with no rep air balls! Pleased to get the first 10 pull ups unbroken -yes!

Had a great weekend in Hawkes Bay competing in my first Individual Scaled Crossfit Comp (5th place :) ). Was pretty inspired watching Ruth compete (amazeballs!) and the Rx athletes – although was quite freaky watching the RX men all swinging 32kg KBs in WOD4 with a stand of people literally right behind them. Jer & I were just waiting for a KB to go flying in that WOD (luckily none did!).

Really proud to represent CFAK, along with Huggy, Jacques and Andy – and overall a great learning experience for how to approach something like this. Thanks Jer for being Social Media guru and cheer team over the weekend – fun times! Looking forward to your yoga class next week!

• Tila January 29, 2013 at 8:57 am - Reply

Awesome work on ur PR girlies!!

Aska u r amazeballs!! 5th!!!!! sooooooo proud of you girl!!! Can’t wait to see some pics of you guys ripping through the WODs at the comp! hehe! good job! =)

• Blossom January 30, 2013 at 9:41 am - Reply

good work on the weekend pal!!

4. Huggy Bear January 29, 2013 at 8:31 am - Reply

Really enjoyed the WOD this morning.
    Butterfly pullups were working today :D, snatches felt good.

11:59 @ 55kg.

5. Tila January 29, 2013 at 8:53 am - Reply

I just have to say that today’s WOD is deff going on my top 5 list!

Jerk 1RM-It’s taken my shoulders about two weeks to recover from the first WOD we did just after the holidays, PP and DL. After that workout I honestly thought I had lost all ability to push weights above my head. It was a mental game as well, my shoulders just did not want to move. I was pretty devastated.
    Anyways today I partnered up with the amazing Kaz, she is honestly good luck! we both managed to hit 60kg split jerk!! I’m honestly stoked! This was my original PB and thought I could never get it back after stressing my shoulder. So I owe this one to Kaz, she is such an awesome buddy, thank u Kaz for encouraging me!! Ur an absolute STAR!! the best part is that it felt bloody light! thought it was about 45kg! fricken over the moon right now!!

WOD-I think this may be the first or second time I’ve ever done a snatch in a WOD before, such a technical movement so it was quite challenging. Thanks to coach Irish for the pointers this morning.

Snatch-33kg
    did ring rows as my hands are pretty torn at the moment
    wall balls 6kg-I hate wall balls, but my goal was to get these unbroken to get them over and done with asap.
    time=12:14

Ultimate goal in this workout-keep up with Janelle and Aska!! little machines!!!

Awesome effort this morning from Kathryn and Melissa! you girls really pushed through!

Such a great start to my day, thanks everyone for this morning!!

P.S. Sorry Kaz if I blurted the news about your 60kg split Jerk before you! =p

• kochikaren January 29, 2013 at 11:53 am - Reply

bahahahaa! No worries Tila, I’m just so very happy to have partnered up with you this morning and we both got to have our own personal achievements together! Congrats on getting back up to your previous PB – getting that mental block out of the way is so important, isn’t it? funny how that 60kg felt heavy-ish but we still had some gas in the tank for more! next time …

So yeah, PB of 60kg on my Split Jerk – YESSS!!!

14.12 I think for the WOD, used a 3kg ball (was 6kg, then had to drop the weight because I caught it wrong and bent my thumb backwards and it hurt for a little bit, but it’s ok now). Did all the WBs unbroken, so was my 10 PUs on a grey band (should have been a green band, really), and did 25kg Hang SQ SN. The wall balls were the killer in this WOD, but strategy also helped a lot!

Have a good Tuesday all, see you at BBC if you’re lifting!

• janelle January 29, 2013 at 3:01 pm - Reply

What a legend you are Kaz. 60kg like a boss!

• Tila January 29, 2013 at 3:44 pm - Reply

Thank you hunni, congrats to you too! thats a 10kg difference in your PB!! Booom!!
        Most deff it’s all down hill for me when I know what I’m lifting.

We will get it next time around =p 70’s next! hehe

• mtlion January 30, 2013 at 3:34 pm - Reply

Do what Janelle did the other week with her DL and totally don’t know your Barbell math … then you’re lifting 70 and you think its 50. No problems. It’s like BOOM and you were none the wiser. :)

• mtlion January 30, 2013 at 3:32 pm