Some of Dave’s highlights
David is a driven individual who likes to inspire others to train and live life in a similar vain. He successfully competed at National Youth level in Ireland in Athletics, specialising in 110m Hurdles, Triple Jump and 4x100m & 200m relays. He grew up participating in many sports such as horse riding, quadbiking, soccer and badminton, however his main allegiance lies with Gaelic Football which he continues to play in Auckland.
Having competed nationally and internationally in Clay Pigeon, Target Rifle and Pistol shooting competitions in Ireland, David went on to become a qualified Clay Pigeon shooting Coach/Instructor at his family’s range in Ireland. Resulting from his experience coaching these disciplines, David demands safety first when partaking in any training regime. David’s coaching experience also extends to bootcamp style training giving him significant experience in a group training dynamic and the benefits to be gained from it.
Having entered CrossFit at a similar level to most CrossFit participants David has a great understanding of the work, commitment and passion required for each CrossFitter to reach their goals, a trait which serves him well as a coach and which benefits our members.
As I gain more experience and my knowledge of biomechanics increase, it is now the small wins people achieve that make me want to get out of bed in the morning. It could be hearing about a child improving their sporting performance outside of CrossFit to an adult that has not done a handstand in 30 years getting the confidence to turn upside down.
Even though my motivation to increase competitive athletes performance has not reduced. It is now a greater goal to show people that CrossFit, coached and performed correctly can help everyone reach their potential.
- CrossFit® Level I Trainer (CF-L1).
- CrossFit® Gymnastics Level I – under Coach Dusty Highland.
- CrossFit® Strongman – under Coach Rob Orlando.
- CrossFit® Defence – under Coach Tony Blauer, of Blauer Tactical.
- CrossFit® Kids – under Coach John Brown.
- CrossFit® Movement and Mobility – under Dr Roop Sihota.
- CrossFit® Aerobic Capacity – under Coach Chris Hinshaw.
- CrossFit® Online Judges Course.
- Certificate in Personal Training at AUT.
- CrossFit Auckland Intern Program.
- Kettlebell Level 1 and 2 – under Coach Alex Porter.
- Freestyle Connection – Gymnastics Movement Seminar – Coach Carl Paoli.
- HangStrong Gymnastic Movement – FalseGrip Workshop.
- HangStrong Gymnastic Movement – BlindChange Workshop.
One of David’s most valued roles now is developing CrossFit Auckland’s Kids and Teens program. In which it is our goal to create a love for Health and Fitness for all Kids and Teens. 2014 closed with almost 100 Kids and Teens enrolled in the program.