10 Reasons to choose CrossFit Auckland Kids & Teens for your Child
CrossFit Auckland Kids & Teens is not simply a scaled down version of CrossFit. It is absolutely, entirely CrossFit, but geared and designed for children and their specific developmental needs. To explain, we outline 10 benefits to Kids and Teen members:
- They will develop their capacity across 10 recognised physical skills. Kids and Teens have a great opportunity to maximise their physical skills when exposed to the stimulus of CrossFit Kids & Teens training during their peak development years.
- No matter what level of prior exposure to exercise or sport, the program is designed to be progressive and adaptable making it perfect for any child.
- Exercise increases scholastic performance. Brain changes recorded as a result of increased exercise include better performance on attention-taxing tasks; improved abstract reasoning in memory, planning and organisation; and the ability to multi-task more effectively.
- Research suggests the advantages of exercise with increased brain function come from a commitment to regular activity. It underscores the need for our children to not only are active on a daily basis, but to routinely incorporate sessions of vigorous activity.
- Programming is specifically designed to enhance Vestibular development, which is crucial to both motor and cognitive function. The Vestibular systems role in the realms of visual function, posture and muscular control are of the utmost importance to activities of daily life. It plays a role in vision, muscle coordination, motor development, respiration, learning, language, and of course, balance.
- Impact-loading exercises help children increase their bone density, without the risk associated with contact sports.
- It increases a child’s confidence in their fitness ability as well as their academics.
- Research has shown the sense of teamwork initiated in CrossFit fitness programs extends into the academic setting of the classroom.
- It provides a supportive and encouraging environment, which research has shown leads to a decrease in aggressive behaviour.
- It pairs fitness with fun, creating a positive relationship to exercise and lifelong enjoyment of health and fitness for our Children.
QUARTER 3 begins Monday 28 July to Thursday 25 September.