Antoinette van Burick
Some of Antoinette’s highlights
Antoinette van Burick is a results orientated individual who strives to continually evolve her self and her clients. She obtained her CrossFit Level One Trainers certificate in 2011 and joined the CrossFit Auckland Team as an intern coach.
Antoinette brings to the CrossFit Auckland Team 16 years experience in Coaching, Personal Training and Group Training. She obtained her national colours in both gymnastics and tumbling and started her career in coaching. At the age of 18 she managed her own gymnastics club and inspired and coached a team of elite gymnasts to national level.
In 2005 she qualified as a Pilates instructor and uses the Pilates method to develop core strength in athletes and in a group workout setting. She is well known for her expertise in using the Pilates method to rehabilitate clients.
Starting her mainstream fitness career as a Group Training Manager at one of South Africa’s leading fitness clubs. Her leadership qualities, high work ethic and passion for the industry served her well in this role, which is evident in her own personal achievements.
- CrossFit® Level 2 Trainer (CF-L2).
- CrossFit® Olympic Weightlifting Coach – under USAW Coach Mike Burgener.
- CrossFit® Gymnastics Level I Coach – under Coach Dusty Highland.
- CrossFit® Strongman Coach – under Coach Rob Orlando.
- CrossFit® Kids Coach – under Coach John Brown.
- CrossFit® Movement and Mobility Coach – under Dr Roop Sihota.
- CrossFit® Online Judges Course.
- Gymnastics Coach.
- Pilates – The New York method of body conditioning.
- CrossFit Auckland Intern Program.
- Kettlebell Level 1 and 2 – under Coach Alex Porter.
- Freestyle Connection – Gymnastics Movement Seminar – Coach Carl Paoli.
- HangStrong Gymnastic Movement – FalseGrip Workshop.
- HangStrong Gymnastic Movement – BlindChange Workshop.
Spending time with my lovely family. I enjoy spending my free time with the men in my life. I am very much a nature lover so hikes, sea kayaking, beach walks or just chilling at home with a good movie makes me feel refreshed.
I spend free time researching to learn about how other Coaches approach their respective disciplines.
Most of all I love interacting with people and the friends I have made here in NZ.