Club Owner & Head Coach
Lisa O’Neill has 21 years fitness industry experience spanning a range of roles and achievements including 16 years as a personal and group training instructor and a career in facility management and fitness product development.
Previously specialising in Team and Group Training Innovation for Les Mills New Zealand, Lisa spent over 7 years in senior management positions. Lisa is Co-Director of CrossFit Auckland Ltd an affiliate of CrossFit® Inc.
CrossFit is one of the fastest growing fitness movements on the planet, and with Lisa and Alex’s leadership CrossFit Auckland is set to make a major contribution to the fitness community and growth of CrossFit training methodologies in New Zealand.
Lisa started her journey in the fitness industry as a Group Fitness instructor in 1993. She quickly climbed the ladder to become one of Melbourne’s leading freestyle Step Moves instructors and later an instructor of LM Group Fitness classes in 6 programs. Also working as a Group Fitness Manager, her passion for instructor development inspired her to become a National Trainer and Workshop Presenter for LM Australia before moving to New Zealand where she continued her career as a Trainer and Facilitator of Exercise Professionals and National Group Exercise Assessor.
As a leader in the fitness industry, many of Lisa’s concepts have become industry standard practice, and she has significantly contributed to the future direction of Les Mills. Her list of achievements is testament to her success and versatility as a fitness leader, programer and coach.
Lisa’s achievements include the development of popular Team Training programs Les Mills LOOK BETTER NAKED® and Les Mills BOOTCAMP®, which changed the way people engage in fitness programs throughout New Zealand. The third of these developments, Les Mills SPARTAN™, was designed by Lisa and Alex Porter and was based on GPP and CrossFit training methodologies.
Lisa believes Group Training’ is the present and future of fitness. People are motivated by team spirit, programming innovation and fast measurable results. CrossFit coaches master the ability to deliver highly effective exercise techniques in a group training environment to clients of all ages, fitness and skill levels. This translates to high levels of skill transference to the clients, and strong member to member bonds.
In 2007 she led the re-development of Certification Training for BodyTrainer™ personal trainers, also creating a range of innovative tools and resources to develop the business and service skills of New Zealand’s top personal trainers.
Another of Lisa’s fitness management projects was the hugely successful bootcamp Charity Team Event, which saw 120 corporate participants and celebrities raise over $56k in just 4 weeks, which has cemented the organisation’s decision to host an annual charity bootcamp event.
Lisa’s first passion is in training and education. She pursues practices that achieve outstanding results for people and enjoys working with clients to reclaim function and optimal movement. Now founder and co-owner of CrossFit Auckland… building a CrossFit community.
- CrossFit® Level 2 Trainer (CF-L2).
- CrossFit® Olympic Weightlifting Coach - under USAW Coach Mike Burgener.
- CrossFit® Gymnastics Level I Coach - under GSX Athletics’ Jeff Tucker.
- CrossFit® Coaches Prep Course - under Adrian Bozman and Austin Begiebing.
- CrossFit® Movement and Mobility Coach - under Dr Kelly Starrett.
- CrossFit® Kids Coach.
- CrossFit® Defence Trainer - under Tony Blauer, of Blauer Tactical.
- CrossFit Online Judges Course Certificate
- CATALYST ATHLETICS Certified Weightlifting Coach - under Coach Greg Everett.
- IKFF Certified Kettlebell Trainer (CKT) under IKFF President Steve Cotter.
- Freestyle Connection - Gymnastics Movement Seminar - Coach Carl Paoli.
- HangStrong Gymnastic Movement – FalseGrip Workshop.
- HangStrong Gymnastic Movement – BlindChange Workshop.
- Landmark® Graduate.
- 21 years fitness industry experience: Club Manager, Personal Trainer, Group Exercise Specialist & Instructor, Program & Product Development, Trainer & Facilitator of Exercise Professionals, National Group Exercise Assessor, Owner & CEO of CrossFit Auckland, Coach.