Club Owner & Head Coach
Lisa O’Neill has 21 years fitness industry experience spanning a range of roles and achievements including 16 years as a personal and group training instructor and a career in facility management and fitness product development.
Previously specialising in Team and Group Training Innovation for Les Mills New Zealand, Lisa spent over 7 years in senior management positions. Lisa is Co-Director of CrossFit Auckland Ltd an affiliate of CrossFit® Inc. (USA).
CrossFit is one of the fastest growing fitness movements on the planet, and with Lisa and Alex’s leadership CrossFit Auckland is set to make a major contribution to the fitness community and growth of CrossFit training methodologies in New Zealand.
Lisa started her journey in the fitness industry as a Group Fitness instructor in 1993. She quickly climbed the ladder to become one of Melbourne’s leading freestyle Step Moves instructors and later an instructor of LM Group Fitness classes in 6 of the programs we see today in over 12,000 health clubs worldwide. Also working as a Group Fitness Manager, her passion for instructor development inspired her to become a National Trainer and Workshop Presenter for LM Australia before moving to New Zealand.
As a leader in the fitness industry, many of Lisa’s concepts have become industry standard practice, and she has significantly contributed to the future direction of Les Mills. Her list of achievements is testament to her success and versatility as a fitness leader, programer and coach.
Lisa’s achievements include the development of popular Team Training programs Les Mills LOOK BETTER NAKED® and Les Mills BOOTCAMP®, which changed the way people engage in fitness programs throughout New Zealand. The third of these new developments, Les Mills SPARTAN™, was designed by Lisa and Alex Porter and was based on GPP and CrossFit training methodologies.
When it comes to fitness innovations, Lisa believes Group Training’ is the present and future of fitness. People are motivated by team spirit, programming innovation and fast measurable results. CrossFit coaches master the ability to deliver highly effective exercise techniques in this group training environment to clients of all ages, fitness and skill levels. This translates to high levels of skill transference to the clients, and strong member to member bonds.
In 2007 she led the re-development of Certification Training for BodyTrainer™ personal trainers, also creating a range of innovative tools and resources to develop the business and service skills of New Zealand’s top personal trainers.
Another of Lisa’s fitness management projects was the hugely successful bootcamp Charity Team Event, which saw 120 corporate participants and celebrities raise over $56k in just 4 weeks, which has cemented the organisation’s decision to host an annual charity bootcamp event.
Lisa’s passion is the pursuit of fitness practices that achieve outstanding results for people and working with clients to reclaim function and optimal movement. Now owner-manager of CrossFit Auckland… building a CrossFit community.
- CrossFit® Level I Trainer (CF-L1)
- CrossFit® Coaches Prep Course - under Adrian Bozman and Austin Begiebing
- CrossFit® Movement and Mobility Coach - under Dr Kelly Starrett
- CrossFit® Olympic Weightlifting Coach - under USAW Coach Mike Burgener
- CrossFit® Gymnastics Level I Coach - under GSX Athletics’ Jeff Tucker
- CrossFit® Kids Coach
- CrossFit® Defence Trainer - under Tony Blauer, of Blauer Tactical
- CATALYST ATHLETICS Certified Weightlifting Coach - under Coach Greg Everett
- IKFF Certified Kettlebell Trainer (CKT) under IKFF President Steve Cotter
- Freestyle Connection - Gymnastics Movement Seminar - Coach Carl Paoli
- Landmark® Graduate
- 21 years fitness industry experience: Club Manager, Personal Trainer, Group Exercise Specialist & Instructor, Program & Product Development, Trainer & Facilitator of Exercise Professionals, National Group Exercise Assessor, Owner & Director of CrossFit Auckland, Coach.