Director of Physical Performance
Alex Porter is a strength and conditioning coach and Co-Owner of CrossFit Auckland Ltd, an affiliate of CrossFit® Inc. (USA) and an IKFF certified Russian Kettlebell Instructor.
Alex believes that to look and perform as an athlete does, you must train as an athlete. He makes no excuses for his strident methods and high expectations of his clients. From novice trainees to seasoned pros, his clients will testify that the results speak for themselves!
Head Coach and programmer for CrossFit Auckland, Alex was an elite athlete in his own right. He was a professionally ranked MMA Competitor (NHB/Cage Fighter), held a WMC New Zealand AMB Welterweight Muay Thai title, has represented New Zealand at the IFMA World Championships in 2006 and took the Silver Medal at the Oceania Sanshou Kickboxing elimination tournament in 2007.
- CrossFit® Level 2 Trainer (CF-L2) - under Coach Greg Glassman, Nicole Carroll, Dave Castro, Jolie Gentry, Todd Widdman and Jimi Letchford.
- CrossFit® Movement and Mobility Coach - under Dr Kelly Starrett
- CrossFit® Coaches Prep Course - under Adrian Bozman and Austin Begiebing
- CrossFit® Olympic Weightlifting Coach - under USAW Coach Mike Burgener
- CrossFit® Gymnastics Level I Coach - under GSX Athletics’ Jeff Tucker
- CrossFit® Football S&C Coach - under 10 year NFL veteran John Welbourn and Coach Raphael Ruiz
- CrossFit® Running Coach - under POSE Method’s Dr Nicholas Romanov
- POSE Method® Level I Certified Running Coach
- CrossFit® Kids Coach
- CrossFit® Defence Trainer - under Tony Blauer, of Blauer Tactical
- CATALYST ATHLETICS Certified Weightlifting Coach - under Coach Greg Everett
- IKFF Certified Kettlebell Trainer (CKT) under IKFF President Steve Cotter
- OUTLAW Training Camp attendee – with Coaches Rudy Nielsen, Dan Tyminski and Chad Mackay
- Freestyle Connection – Gymnastics Movement Seminar attendee - with Coach Carl Paoli
- HangStrong Gymnastic Movement – FalseGrip Workshop
- HangStrong Gymnastic Movement – BlindChange Workshop
- Charles Poliquin PICP Student
- AUT Certified Fitness Instructor
- NSCA™ Professional Member (CPT)
- ICNZ MMA Official Level III
- Former Director of Physical Performance and Founder of Institute of Golf
- Former Les Mills BodyTrainer BOX™ National Trainer and Course Facilitator
- Former Les Mills New Zealand Technical Advisor
- Over a decade of amateur and professional fighting experience, including representing New Zealand on the international circuit and World Championships
- Studied BA/BCom at UA
- Numerous Outdoor, Adventure Recreation, Tourism and Management qualifications and experience
- Landmark® Graduate